Call Us on Land Line: 01415770304
Call Us on Mobile: 07342931898
Call Us on Mobile: 07342931804
Faulty Wiring, Testing Cables, Rewires Partial or Full
ALL OUR WIRING SERVICES CONFORM TO BS 7671 17TH EDITION STANDARDS
If you have moved home, you need to know about the electrics in your new property. Be extra cautious if the property is old as it runs a higher risk of having faulty wiring.
Don’t put your life or your investment at risk.
According to the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), property surveys that do look at electrics only include a "visual inspection" of the electrics that are on show.
RICS advise clients to be very cautious if the electrics look suspicious because of the potentially high costs of putting things right.
How old is the wiring?
Faulty and aging wiring is one of the major causes of electrical fires in the home.
You can avoid these by having regular checks carried out on the condition of your cables, switches, sockets and other accessories.
There are clear signs that can help you tell the age of electrical installations in your home.
- Cables coated in black rubber (phased out in the 1960s)
- Cables coated in lead or fabric (before the 1960s)
- A fusebox with a wooden back, cast iron switches, or a haphazard mixture of fuse boxes (before the 1960s)
- Older round pin sockets and round light switches, braided flex hanging from ceiling roses, brown and black switches and
sockets mounted in skirting boards (before the 1960s)
- Wall-mounted light switches in bathrooms (before the 1960s).
Corr Electrical Services can provide Partial or Full Rewiring in your Home or Business no matter how big or small the job.
If you require any information or assistance Call/Text Us on: 07342931804 or 07342931898 Contact Us by Email